Sunday, September 16, 2007

weekend recap

get excited, this is a good one.


friday

-movie night with a bunch of boys.
-julian finally saw talladega nights so now i can quote it freely.
-george surprised me by returning a movie he borrowed from me three years ago.
-glorious weather for the ride home in the jeep. amazing.

saturday

-woah.
-art show/reception where no one paid much attention to the art.
-saw emily! she's ex-anthro. our numbers are strong, but especially at artsy events.
-saw a former design studio TA. one time he said my painting project was brilliant, which is why i often boldly declare that i am a brilliant painter. i believe my own hype.
-took several first-timers to fallout. the crowd could have been better...
-art show afterparty at suite which is what i imagine clubs in vegas look like. it may have been a little too cool.
-we were on the list so we got to go downstairs, and thank god because it was dramatically less crowded and the tunes were exponentially better thanks to the party.
-i danced my little heart out. that's where it gets a little fuzzy.
-had an awkward encounter with the cobra snake. i was left with an unfavorable impression.
-here are the pics. i'm in two, but you have to look carefully or you'll miss me.

sunday

-woke up to a rerun of home improvement and a pounding headache.
-my feet were blistered (curse those beatiful blue shoes) and mysteriously filthy.
-my polaroid is broken, but i'm ok with it. the novelty has worn off anyhow.
-a quick survey of my wallet revealed that i barely spent any money, which means i obviously owe you guys some drinks.
-at about 10 pm the upstairs hot water heater in my house kinda exploded causing water to flood the kitchen through an overhead vent and several upstairs rooms. hot water, mind you.
-i devised and executed a crude siphoning plan while my mom franctically called plumbers and my dad ran around making sure our house didn't explode and such.
-the only flashlight my family owns is one that doesn't have batteries and must be charged by shaking it vigorously. i was greeted with impatience when i asked why the eff they kept shaking the damn flashlight. it seemed like a reasonable question.
-this went on for about 4 hours.
-when a plumber finally arrived, my dad began the story of what happened with, "(sigh) well, it was a real comedy of errors." my family is oh so nerdy.


tcs: "hey is that a polaroid? take a pic."
i oblige.
tcs: "do you want me to autograph that for you?"
me: "uh, sure i guess."
he autographs it (sort of), puts a sticker on the back, and hands me a stack of stickers
tcs: (smugly) "you got more than you bargained for, huh?"
me: "uh, yeah....thanks."

who is this guy?

2 comments:

Kiddrae254 said...

(Thursday night at Centre)

Me: Hey, Im Hance nice to meet you!
TCS: Nice to meet you, I am Mark
Me: So what kinda camera do you use?
TCS: A digital camera...
Me: Yea, I am sure. But what kinda??
TCS: It's a new one...
Me: Okay, what brand?
TCS: It was made in China or something...


It's okay because thanks to your wonderful pic of him I can now identify his camera.

Mayo said...

that's funny. the cobra snake was wack! douche bag central.