Thursday, September 6, 2007

pic-tastic!

mostly because of a lack of content....

here is something that i made to fill wall space and to do something with my stack of polaroids that has been gathering dust on my desk:
it's no masterpiece, but hey, i threw it together during the commercial breaks of ace of cakes. the one cool thing about it is that the pics are attached with scrapbooking brads, so that i can switch them out later when i take more pictures. clever, eh?

do you watch ace of cakes? holy crap, it's fucking great. it's a bunch of hipsters running a bakery making over-the-top awesome cakes. the best thing is that they do things that are so original and unorthodox that they always have to improvise and get really creative with their tools and materials. i'm pretty interested in the creative process in any form so i get really excited over this show. nerd alert! also, i think i may have to bump someone off my freebies list to make room for geof, the executive sous chef. uh huh! here are some examples of the insane cakes they make:
that last one is a quidditch field, in case you're not into harry potter. a quidditch field!?! i'm so pissed that this cake is not mine. anyway, this show is the reason that i'm never satisfied with my cakes. if only i had about 3 ovens and a team of workers.....
i am making a cake this week to welcome lauren's bro to dallas. it's a pretty ambitious endeavour for me so i hope i can bring it to fruition. come to meridian next wednesday if you want some cake! you should come anyway though, meridian wednesdays are the best days. if julian will send me the pics from last night, i'll show you.

one last thing: pub quiz on sept. 30th. assemble the dream team and take no prisoners.

2 comments:

Mayo said...

I'm thinking maybe you should go to culinary school, maybe you could be a famous cake designer. Also as I have stated on Hance's blog I will be starting my own blog... it probably won't measure up though.

Mayo said...

I'll send you the pics tonight, jeez! lol