Thursday, September 20, 2007

starter bike

so i've had my eye on a beautiful green paul frank bike with a basket and a bell and a hefty price tag. it was pretty cool, but there are so many things i'd rather spend $300 on. let's see....rent, a plane ticket, these boots, etc. so i decided to get a starter bike and see how i like it. check it out:


i think it's pretty sweet, and it will be mine for the extremely reasonable price of $70. it's a cruiser, which is all i really wanted, and i can paint it (red or green?) and get a basket and a bell for it. then i will have a killer bike and everyone will be all jealous and stuff. yes, this is the bike for me. unless someone wants to go in on this with me:

i didn't think these were real! julian and lauren should get this since they are next-door neighbors. while i'm on the subject, congrats on the new place, buddy! i'm psyched for julian, but also quite jealous.

normally, i would make a housewarming cake for the occasion, but i think i've lost my cake making mojo. if you haven't already heard, hayden's 'welcome to dallas' cake was a cake-tastrophe. quite a setback, indeed. i almost killed my mom in the process. we gave the leftover cake to the homeless guy who "keeps an eye on the cars" in the parking lot behind meridian. he was pretty amped.

perhaps i'll go to the cake store for inspiration. i think i'm gonna give up on fondant altogether and start experimenting with frosting bag tips. and maybe i'll buy a new cake pan. a new shape to shake things up.

i went to happy hour at martini ranch tonight with my good friend rachael, really the only good friend i made in fort worth. she's amazing. and i finally remembered to ask her how much money she won on millionaire, an impressive $25,000. i was one of her phone-a-friends and she didn't call me, but it was still very exciting to be part of the process. her husband is oh so weird, and therefore she has the best stories. i may have convinced her to do stand-up comedy with me, we'll see.


6 comments:

Kiddrae254 said...

I second that, congrats Julian. But what was wrong with the cake?!?! I didn't get a chance to try it but it looked awesome to me! Stay positivo, maybe you just have bakers block. Dont give up!

Milad H. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Milad H. said...

Julian found a new place?? Nice! On that note and on the subject of cruisers, the following quote is for Julian:

Deebo: What bike?
Red: Beach Cruiser, the one I let you use couple of weeks ago... the one I been asking about.
Deebo: Oh, *that* bike. Didn't know you wanted it back, homie. It's right here. Follow me, homes.
Red: Yeah, it's just like it's both of ours... we just keep it down at my house.

Milad H. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Milad H. said...

my sincerest apologies for the deleted comments, my computer is spazzing out. towelie voice: maybe i could work this thing if i got a little high?

Anonymous said...

I will do stand up comedy with you! I am going through a bit of a blue period, so depressed comedics are always funnier and more vulgar.
You! are amazing