Tuesday, August 21, 2007

i'm running 'the rock'

i was inspired by keely and melissa to run the half marathon at white rock this year. i'm psyched! i have exactly 110 days to get ready for it, which is definitely attainable, but not easy. my brother has generously donated one of his ipods to my cause. i also found out when i registered that the race benefits scottish rite children's hospital, which has always had close ties to my family. my dad served on the board, i have taught art there, and my brother spent a few weeks there. a good cause is a bonus. training starts now!

week 1:

workout: 4 miles, 3 times/week, weights and yoga as usual, timing is not in the equation yet

diet: no more cokes or fried stuff (this is just a guess at what i should do, if anyone has a better suggestion, i'm open)

feeling: excited, optimistic about being less squishy in a month or two

listening to: cream, rush, ben kweller (good running music is essential)

wish me luck!

2 comments:

Kiddrae254 said...

"feeling: excited, optimistic about being less squishy in a month or two"

Allison, that made me laugh out loud!

Do you like Wilco? I just downloaded "Either Way" and listened to it 95 times in a row. It's a good sond to workout to for some reason...

So Melissa is a runner? She reminded me of my friend Brittany who also is a runner, cool!

I love this blog already!

kari said...

I can't believe you listen to Rush. Not that there's anything wrong with Rush. They just remind me of being really stoned with my friend in college and discussing how Rush relates to both astronomy and physics. I know, I was a real partier.