Monday, August 20, 2007

i'm back

back to blogging. get excited!

i worked on a habitat for humanity house today, and it was a really interesting experience. we did the framing today, and we saw huge payoffs from our work. it started out as a concrete slab, and now it's a house! it's crazy. most of the people working on the house were from my dad's company so there were blackberry checks every few minutes. psssh, executives. luckily, a dude (luke) that i get along with well was there and joined in with my silliness. (unluckily, my mom was trying to hook us up. sigh.) i figured since we were doing construction i should tell dirty jokes all day, and i did. there were plenty of opportunities for it. (nailing, caulk, etc.) here is a pro/con recap:

pros:
the work was fun/interesting
i learned some new construction terms
hanging with my family and cool people
the family getting the house was terribly kind and very deserving
we built a freaking house, how cool is that?

cons:
i was hungover for the first few hours
it's fucking august
i hammered my finger and almost lost a fingernail (luke did too)
a five year old called me a "scaredy cat" because i wouldn't touch her caterpillar
allergies were in full effect by 2 pm, hives and all

1 comment:

Kiddrae254 said...

I would like to hear one of these jokes...